Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mean right NOW. I mean this month, in general. Not you's that are working already. I mean for those of us in the northern areas where grass isn't growing yet, but there's no snow work to be done.

I keep feeling like I should be doing something, but I don't know what. I've got all my letters out, won't start advertising for a few weeks. I'm rearing to go, but not sure what to do.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I hear ya I wanna get out mowing myself, but its brown grass outside and who knows could get another snow storm, lets hope not.
Im finishing up sending out my contracts for renewal and Im getting my advertising up and going. Changing my ad alittle and gettin my trailer lettered too. Also making new fliers up and plan on putting those out next week.
Then gotta work on the machines getting everything running, also wanna build some shelves in my trailer yet too.
I have lots to do, including the landscape school work i have to do for class.
Just enjoy your vaccation now, by mid summer your goin to be wishing you had this much time. Just get everything organized for the season now so it all runs smoothly, paper work that is.
Matt

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
right now I pray everyday that it doesn't snow for I can start on spring clean ups.

I have already finished all my pruning. Right now I am in the process of cutting down approx 53 trees in an orchard later this week.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Putting out bids, making phone calls, and getting some of the equipment ready to go. Right now, we have about 4 Lazers from different lco's in the shop waiting for work on various things.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Got my first mow on Wednesday, doing estimates, booth at garden and flower show. Lots of advertising which hopefully will transition to estimates then work as the cut season starts. A few pruning jobs left and a couple mulch installs left.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Things are starting to get green here. Last week was in the 60's, this week is in the low 40's.
Been putting in a few bids, 1 hospital, 1 Nursing home, a Walmart and a Home Depot. Hope to get 1 or 2 of them.
Taking out some trees on my property and selling it for firewood.
Getting equipment ready to go, getting taxes done.
That's about it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Pretty much trying to get all my paperwork in order. I have been working on information sheets on different services, so when people ask me about a service I provide, I can talk to them about it, then send them this information sheet as a follow up, saying "here's some information in regards to some of the questions we talked about" and this is a good way to give them a follow up reminder to get the work done, rather than just asking them again "you want me to do that work for you?"
other than that, just getting my new "used" truck ready to go. Going to try and put in one of those "do it yourself" roll on bedliners to help the looks, and protect it a bit.
So ready for the green stuff though (BOTH KINDS)! payup

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am enjoying the 70 degree weather while riding around in the jeep with the top off, listening to Jimmy Buffett, and thinking of all of you guys that are sitting on your thumbs in the cold north.
BTW, Im also watching the grass green up and signing on new clients.
Its good to live in the south.

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is my first year. I thought it would be slow and I would be stessing about not haveing anything to do. However, I am working on bids for 2 real estate developers and 1 property management company. Total about 42 properties. So between doing bids, building my trailer, buying out my deadbeat partner, and trying to get truck and equipment bought I'm preaty buisy.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
im bored out of my mind. i have a 3 week vacation from school and i have noting to do. the off season job where i work dosent need any help due to the slow march traffic. supposed to go skiing next week.

weather keeps playing tricks. we got 1" of snow last night-cant work outside. its a mess.

i feel like the biggest POS sitting around the house:cry:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Advertising and estimates, servicing equipment

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.