Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not the first time this question has crossed my mind. Today is just the day I seek an answer.

I always shake my head when members post their pictures of mass produced equipment sitting on the driveway or in the lawn. Or when members comment on how much they like a certain piece of equipment inevitably someone will follow with how bout some pic's.

I completely get trailers and shops and trucks with equipment stored in different fashions. LCO's are about the most creative people on earth so I am always curious how we all go abut storing our stuff.

But to look at a mass produced piece of equipment that has no modifications or a truck with no signs... what is it with you people? Am I missing something? ;)

I understand when something is for sale you want to see it if you are considering purchasing. You want to see the condition, if it is the model you think it is and so on.

Any of this equipment can be seen on manufacturers and dealers web sites what is the need to have Bob in Duluth post the picture of his? Do you doubt him?

Help me out here :confused: Are we all just that bored?

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
The equipment may be mass produced, but the use of the equipment may be localized. Just as an example, and one commented on in another thread, Quick mower pics are often posted. They are mass produced. But, I have never seen one in this area. Walker mowers are very rare here as well.

Likewise with other pieces that may not be used much in an area, even though that manufacturer produces other pieces that are widely used in the same area. Seeing an image may help determine if it is something of interest to investigate further.

Just my thoughts ...

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The equipment may be mass produced, but the use of the equipment may be localized. Just as an example, and one commented on in another thread, Quick mower pics are often posted. They are mass produced. But, I have never seen one in this area. But it will look the same as the one on BOP's website Walker mowers are very rare here as well. They too will look the same in your area as they will on the company website.

Likewise with other pieces that may not be used much in an area, even though that manufacturer produces other pieces that are widely used in the same area. Seeing an image may help determine if it is something of interest to investigate further.

Just my thoughts ...
I can appreciate asking to see the results of a cut (sort of) but the pictures of the equipment are all available on manufacturers websites and many links are right at your fingertips here on lawnsite. I could understand if the request was "could you take a picture of how the aspirator is connected to the trans-flux capacitor? You have a specific request for a shot that is not available anywhere else.

I think it is a social thing asking for pictures, just my observation. There is really no logical reason to ask to see pictures of the equipment unless you are too lazy to go to a manufactures website.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I think most people here take pride in what they have even though there might have been 6 billion sold last year. I hope you dont have like dialup cause then i could see you getting cranky over a pic. And if i wanted to go and see some better outdoor marketing pics i would go see there webside.[no offense] i think it just gives you a personal reaction to see somebodys dirty beat up mass produced monster

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.