1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

what is it

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by ho5tile, Jul 26, 2006.

1. ho5tile

ho5tile LawnSite Member

Is there a site /thred a guy can go to see pics of all the different kinds of grass ? My yard is pretty old (15-20 years) and I want to figure out what all types of stuff is growing in it before I start to redo it. So far I am sure I have at least 6 or 8 different types just by apperance although I dont now any names to ask for when asking for seed. Thanks for the help.

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Take some closeup pics of the grasses and post them on here and we can ID them for ya.

BTW, I see you are in baldwin ga. I used to live there before we moved about 10 years ago.

3. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

What type grass do you desire to have?
    http://www.ppws.vt.edu/weedindex.htm This site has lots of grass pictures.
    I am going to guess, judging by you location and the fact that your lawn is old and never had much care done to it, that you have a fair amount of common bermuda. That is unless you have lots of shade. Post some pictures and a positive ID can be made. Bermuda is about the easiest grass to single out of a mixed grass lawn with herbicides.

4. ho5tile

ho5tile LawnSite Member

Thanks for the link, this will help alot . As for posting pics I really do want to but I am photo challenged :cry: ( dont have a digital camera yet) . But I'll try to get some by borrowing a camera.

5. eric0919

eric0919 LawnSite Member
    from indiana