• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

What is "pistol grip"?

lithnights

LawnSite Member
I've read a couple posts about "pistol grip" and was wondering exactly what that means. I did a search and have scanned through dozens of threads looking for a description or picture to help me understand but have been unsuccessful. I have a Gravely 36 PRO. Is that considered pistol grip or not?

And what is the advantages/disadvantages of pistol grip? I may have to replace my Gravely very soon and want to know whether to look for or avoid pistol grip.

Thanks,
lithnights

Chop Stuff Up

LawnSite Senior Member
Its the thingy you squeeze. If you get a chance, try out the toro t-bar WB's instead of a pistol grip. They're pretty nice.

pistol grip.JPG

OP
L

lithnights

LawnSite Member
OK, makes perfect sense. I indeed do have pistol grips on my Gravely then. I could see how using them hours a day, day after day could cause pain or carpal tunnel issues. I guess as a homeowner I obviously don't notice it as much.

I guess my next question is what exactly does a T- bar look like? I guess I'll go do a search for that. I'll look up Toro t-bar...

Thanks all!

WJW Lawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
T bar right here bro

Also...Wells is right on with Carpal Tunnel ..... be careful!!

md30696_34l_190701_lg.jpg

Toad

LawnSite Senior Member
Daily Double!!!!

The handlebars on a walk behind commercial mower, usually pointed downward at a slight angle can be called this????????

Ill take lawnmowers for for $400. please

WJW Lawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
What is Pistol Grip!!????

American made beer for $800

OP
L

lithnights

LawnSite Member
the handles on this mower are "Pistol Grip"

Got it. Now I'm wondering how you actually turn with a tbar. It looks like one single bar rather than two grips obviously. I guess I'll go to my local dealership and take a look at some point. Probably easier to see it in person to understand how it actually works.

Thanks all.