1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What is that thing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by logan, Aug 21, 2003.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I saw a mower today that looked like a go-cart. It was blue and low to the ground. It had body work that looked like a car. You couldn't see the rear wheels and there was a bar right near where our control bars are on a normal Z, but this bar was solid. Anyone ever seen one of those? They look cheap but it gave a decent looking cut. I was just wondering.

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Logan,

Bring your camera with you and next time you see it, take a pic and post it :)

3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Sounds like a Dixon ZTR to me. Saw one today myself. It's a homeowner machine.

4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

There are a few around here. The are Dixon ztr for homeowner. They are cheaply made with blue plastic but I guess is okay for homeowner.

5. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

Iwould say some form of dixon, I bought one for a garage toy, took (stamped) deck trashed it and spent some coin on it, but wasnt even very good for that.