1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

what is the best blade?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by clncut05, Jun 7, 2006.

1. clncut05

clncut05 LawnSite Member

I need new blades for my 60" exmark ztr. What kind of blades should I buy? Standard, hi-lift, mulching, etc.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

What deck? (TriVantage, UltraCut, or TRITON?)

What are you doing (mulching, side discharge, bagging?)

What horsepower?

3. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

i just put doubles on this wk (high lifts and gators-highlifts on top of gators,gators being the closest blade to the ground) boy oh bo what a nice cut in any grass wow.i have two lazers ,both 60 inchers with lc 27 kawis.in all the years i have been doing this i never tried before this wk and boy i wish i new about it 10 yrs ago.

4. clncut05

clncut05 LawnSite Member

I don't know which deck I have. It is a 23 Hp Kohler. I am not bagging or mulching right now. I am just tired of double cutting.

5. clncut05

clncut05 LawnSite Member

Does that put a lot more stress on the pulleys?. If I had a 27 Hp motor I would think about doing that. The one I have is only 23 Hp Kohler

6. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Did I read somthing wrong or did you say that you mount 2 blades where usually only 1 goes? Can this be done with all mowers? A 36" Ferris?

7. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

i myself run it on a exmark 60 inch lazer with a Lc 27 kawi for power,they have been on one day and they are the cats a$$.i would do a search on here to see if anyone has done it to a 36 ferris before trying it ,or call your local dealer.good luck

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

With the 23 Kohler you can forget about running doubles. Plus they're not for everyone.
    I'd go to your eXmark dealer and ask for a set of OEM Excalibur blades. Aftermarket it's ususally hit of miss.