What is the best way to advertise?

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by Zay's Lawncare, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Zay's Lawncare

Zay's Lawncare LawnSite Member

What is the best way to market a new lawncare buisness now with social media and other internet services?

2. walkinonwater27

walkinonwater27 LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

I have used Craigslist and found a few new clients, there are many websites out there now so I can’t keep up. If I were you I would be personable and hand out business cards or door hangers with a small promotion to get them going. Like something small for free , bringing in other types of work at the same property. Free mulch delivery with job? Free delivery with plantings? If you just want to mow throw in a half price mow or two I dunno. Human contact is the best sales method and Free! Knock on neighbors doors of current clients . Leave a handout if there not home and they’ll watch your work, park in the road at your clients houses so people see the truck. Ask current clients for friends and family and offer a goodie for the referral. Word of mouth has huge closing rates on a sale. Best of luck with your new business. Make sure to do the best you can , treat the yards as your own and don’t undersell yourself !

tobylou8, Doc8406 and hort101 like this.
  3. tobylou8

tobylou8 LawnSite Bronze Member

What he said! Personal contact works best for both parties. Makes it easy for you to see if they're just "tire kickers".

4. MikeJG

MikeJG LawnSite Member

Hi. I understand you are asking for use of internet and such to advertise. It has been my experience that the best advertisement is doing excellent work, as well as word of mouth. And just being present in areas where you are working helps, because honestly, people do not want to work hard finding someone to do the work.

tobylou8 likes this.
  5. JSELSOR

JSELSOR LawnSite Member

Do great work and treat people right and the rest takes care of itself! FB and networking is a powerful tool as well! Join your local elks and lions club as well