Lawn Care Forum banner

What is the going rate for driveway sealing?

8K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  zjf 
#1 ·
How much do you charge a sqare foot and how many square feet does a gallon good for?

#2 ·
Loooogie the going rate is 15 to 20 cents but that could be higher depending on what the customer is willing to pay. You get 300 to 500 square feet to a gallon but this all up to your skill in spraying and how thick you apply it. I think I am getting about 400 and that with a good spray no thin spots.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Wow they do all that for .14 cents per square foot?

Price includes:
• Seal Coating
• Crack Filling
• Prime Oil Spots
• Minor Pot Hole Repairs
• Power trim both sides of driveway
• Clean - Power blow driveway
• Tape off and edge all stone work (example: interlock, cement curbs)
• Rope off driveway and sidewalks

How do they make money?

Isn't crack Filling expensive?

#5 ·
This is the business side of things. You need to figure out your cost, and then figure out your price needed, and if your area can work within your range. Most others here, are cheaper, but they just spray, and don't do a good job. This is what makes it hard, for those of us that want to have a good image, and do a good job, we need to educate the public, and sell them on why we charge more, but why we will be here year after year, unlike the other who are so below value. You need to figure out YOUR costs, and project what profit you would like to make, and what you will make, based on others in your area. Need to add insurance-equipment ( up keep and replacement) advertising, phone, etc, all costs of doing business. Add in rain days, and a short season, and figure out if this is worth while for you to do. I've been around awhile doing this, and have seen many many get into it, and disappear just as fast too. Good profit in it, but need the time to build up the business. Sorry for rambling, but it's not just about spraying, need to think of it as a business, or you won't be here long. Think about why someone, would want to use you, over someone else? Check out other web sites, and see what they offer. Good Luck !!!

Most just use the stuff from CTC, for crack filling driveways. Cost more to Hot crack seal, but the cold pour works well for driveways.

#9 ·
Loooogie,

At the rate you will make money but should charge more. Cold aspalt patch repair per 30 kg bag about 5 to 6 bucks. Crack filler in 350g chaulking tube about 4 to 5 bucks (you can get it cheaper than that, but that my secret)

Material x 3 to 4

5 x 3 to 4 = 15 to 20 bucks

That looks more like a minium charge to me.

#10 ·
How do you charge for crack and pot hole repair?

I am thinking of charging by the amount of material I think I am going to use, then multiply that by 3 or 4?
I would suggest by time and material first. Keep a log of the repairs, time to complete, and the supplies used. Then you will be able to formulate a by the ft/lb rate, that will be easy to use to quote. The repairs can vary how there done, so we can't know the time factor in which you can fix cracks. It takes longer then you think, most people I know mis-quote the repair part, and short change themselves. FIgure out your hourly rate first, then the rest will follow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.