1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

what is the most you spent on a single mower new or used?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Jun 18, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I just saw my buddies JD 997, It only set him back $13,500, the thing is a beast makes my 2 44'' Z-Master's look tiny. Have any of you out there invested in some serious mowing equipment, and if so what brand and price paid?

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know if this counts, but back in the 80's when I was running a golf course, it was not unusual to spend 25k for a Hustler 4000 with wing decks (12' cut) or about 30k for a Jacobsen fairway mower.

3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

The most I've spent to date, is about $240 for a new 21 WB. I know its not the best, but, its much better than nothing. next I'm looking at an older front deck rider.

4. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

and i bet that $240 was for a crapsmen mower.... :rolleyes:

5. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

$6500.00 50" Dixie Chopper

6. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

$7,500 for the bobcat 61'' prederator pro... bought that @ a steal 2... it lists for $9-10k

7. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

6999.99 for dixie chopper 60in.

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

$14,200 for a 272z

9. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I see your only 17 years old so I will let you in on a secret but don't tell anyone else. Big ticket items such as cars, boats, commercial mowers never sell at MSRP (list) price. I have found that you can get 15 - 20% off from dealers for commercial mowers. So if your mower MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price) was listed as $9,000 then $9,000 * .80 = $7,200 for your mower. So I am not sure how much of a steal you got.

The .80 means 80% since I am suggesting the dealer would knock off 20% of the MSRP. MSRP is some made up number by the manufacturer so dealers can say see how much I am saving you off of MSRP when the dealer is still making plenty of money for their overhead,profit,etc.

10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Back in '01 $2,332.00 with tax for an eXmark metro.