1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

What is the point in this?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by betterlawnsandlandscaping, Jul 13, 2010.

1. betterlawnsandlandscaping

betterlawnsandlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 customers that are always sitting at home when I mow and they don't want to pay me while im there but will drop a check in the mail on that same day. It seems like that would be more complicated than just paying me at the time of service and I know they are home because they will come outside when im there and wave at me. I should ask them, but they are paying me on time so i guess I will leave it alone. Just curious if anyone else has this type of issue. :hammerhead:

2. socallawndude

socallawndude LawnSite Member

I have a few customers that are the same way...no idea why, other than maybe they are just illogical folks :D

3. betterlawnsandlandscaping

I ask one of them yesterday if she would rather save her stamp and give me a check while im here and she said "Thanks but i will drop it in the mail today like i normally do". I was laughing inside when she said that.:laugh:

4. TennisBum

TennisBum LawnSite Member

They're showing their support for the postal service.

5. betterlawnsandlandscaping

:laugh:Lmao

6. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Hahahahah!

You should convince them that the 50 cents will add up over the years... 12 months a year, 50 cents a stamp is $6 a year! In 6-7 years they could have a free mowing! :laugh:

7. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

That's really odd but at least they are paying you on time lol

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

That was one reason I switched everybody over to monthly billing. :laugh:

9. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

They probably live on a fixed income or week to week and need to wait until certain times of the month to cover the check????

10. betterlawnsandlandscaping

Could be the deal, but I mow same day every week. Early in the week for these three. They are good people, just stuck in their ways I guess