What is this?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bigmks, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Bigmks

Bigmks LawnSite Member

2. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Bronze Member

Slime mold

Burnie likes this.
  3. Bigmks

Bigmks LawnSite Member

What should I do? Reading up on it states just cutting should do the job. Two week of rain and humidity here in SC

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Slime mold grows on the grass--it does not infect the grass. No harm. No need to do anything, actually. A strong broom sweep should remove it--or drag a mat over it.
    Its a thing during warm rainy conditions.

5. On a call

On a call LawnSite Gold Member

Hmm...I see that often enough. As mentioned it does not effect the plant. I believe it grows in the night dew.

hort101 likes this.
  6. solo1001

solo1001 LawnSite Member

Where in South Carolina are you? We are in Mount Pleasant and I'm getting to try to tackle all of the doveweed that's popped up due to this rain.

7. Bigmks

Bigmks LawnSite Member

I’m in goose creek. What did you wind up getting?

8. solo1001

solo1001 LawnSite Member

I ordered Blindside to try and get rid of most of it. I also have a few patches of virginia buttonweed that have popped up. It will hopefully take care of the other weeds I have in the yard that I've never given much thought to. I'm bound and determined to get specticle as a pre emergent for early/late spring applications and summer to keep the doveweed away. This is the second year I've dealt with it and just tried to use big box stuff. Hard lesson to learn. I've also had issues with poa annua so I'll probably order some prodiamine in the next few days for a 9/1 application