Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive notice bladerunner forum is gone here and some else posted that they are involved in a lawsuit.What happen with them?. I get so busy during this time of year that is is hard to keep up with the news here

· Registered
185 Posts
Originally posted by Gravely_Man
Ok I read the thread you mentioned and it didn’t say anything about what happened to them other then Sean asking a member to email him. What happened to the company?

Gravely_Man
Sued by Dixie Chopper. Thats what happens when you steal other peoples designs

· Registered
199 Posts
What was there to sue about?

Lets list possibliities:

OCDC...not a issue with the Bladerunner
Engines: Um..im pretty sure that manufacturers are free to use whichever engines they choose...
Deck Design: I dont know enough about the patents on something like this to comment on it
Drive system: Unless they copied the VTC design, how can you sue them? The use of dual hydro pumps/motors is prevalent in tons of applications, not only mowers so Im sure DC doesnt have a patent on that.
Stainless Steel: Do I even need to comment?

So, flame away:angry:

· Registered
7,053 Posts
Dixie can't pattent the drive system, they don't even make it.

Can't pattent the deck design. 3 blades layed out in a ^ pattern, only thing you can pattent.

Frame, bunch of square tubing, what is there to pattent on it?

Quadloop cooling, now there is something that can be pattented, but did it expire yet?

The rest of the mower, sure looks like most of the other brands mfg.

· Registered
185 Posts
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Don't make assumptions. lets see the cold hard facts. Do you have anything to back this up?

Or is it watercooler hearsay talk?
Unlike others who check into this site from time to time I DO NOT comment on things unless I have "proof".

These units are built here in Springfield. I close friend (use to be a dealer) was hired as their sales manager. He no longer has a job and production has stopped due to a law suit by Dixie. Neither he nor I nor any one else on this site are privy to the reasons for the suit, but it involves DESIGN & DISTRIBUTION of product. Bladerunner is a very small company - a suit of ANY size will bury them. Hope this answers your question

· Registered
384 Posts
That's too bad I never even got a chance to Demo one.. I wonder what will happen with the value of the Bladerunners that are in service now? Will they sky rocket or drop off?

Sounds to me that DC saw them as a threat and as mentioned before being an easy kill due to just getting started as a small company..

· Banned
125 Posts
redbud

Would you mind telling us who this dealer is? And who this manager is that is suppose to have worked for them? Reason I ask is I only know of one dealer and he has them in stock! No offense but it sounds like some of that rumor stuff spread by those guys selling those red mowers.

· Registered
8,205 Posts
I will say one thing....

Out of ALL the different ZTR manufacturers products, the American Bladerunner ZTR is about as CLOSE a copy of a DC as I have ever seen. Heck, the deck looked to be an EXACT copy right down to the 45 degree rear section.......Only difference...Bladerunner spun their blades backwards. Many other things were very similar as well.

If I were going to closely copy a ZTR it sure wouldn't be a DC, thats for sure.

I would still like to know exactly what it was that DC was able to sue about. :confused:

· Registered
270 Posts
if there's a lawsuit against blade runner it's not on any record. the only lawsuits for Magic Circle Corporation was against a xompany Marcotte in Florida.

Just do a search at http://www.lexisnexis.com to do searchs on any lawsuit or legal procedding against any company or person in any state or federal courts. When trying to find out about any commercial client w work with we pay the small fee to see if they are deadbeats with a lot of lawsuits against them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.