1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

what is up with my hustler?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kayakn, Jul 19, 2008.

1. kayakn

kayakn LawnSite Member

i just got a new Hustler Fastrack super duty 42" last month. it had been starting fine until at about 8 hours i shut it off and went to turn it on again and the battery was completely dead. I called the dealer and they said that sometimes when the mower sits in the show room for so long the battery might need charged. so i charged it and it was working fine. I was using it the other day and it had about 10 hours on it and i shut it off and went to turn it back on and it was completely dead. I had to jump it with my other mower and take it home(i was in the neighborhood) I called the dealer and they said they will pick it up on monday. they said i can have a loaner and i will need a mower so i will ask for a loaner(the loaner is a 60"Hustler that goes 15mph!!!, mine goes 8!!!) what do you think is wrong with it???

2. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Dead cell in the battery or you have a pinched wire that is shorting to ground.