What is your favorite lawn care app?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by greengirlwrites, Oct 20, 2014.

1. greengirlwrites

greengirlwrites LawnSite Member

Do you use apps (such as TurfPath) in your lawn care business? Which ones have you found to be most helpful?

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Gold Member

I have looked at lots of apps but the only ones I use is print share and a document one that lets me use a word document on my smart phone.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

the best app I have ever seen, was the one that wasn't their.

Smart phones/tablets, Apps. They do non billing type work.

I worked 25 years in the business, Without a cell Phone.

Un herd of, HUH ?

I've herd guys paying 100.00 a month to use a phone. Thats Crazy.

4. PCLAWN25

PCLAWN25 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I have worked 25 years in this business also, and if a cell phone and app will help save time on billing, routing and estimates it is well worth the money.

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

If all you use your phone for is a phone, then yeah, you're crazy to spend $100/mo.

That isn't the case any more - a "phone" is a mini computer and can be useful in so many ways.

There have been a bunch of "app" threads. Maybe I'll find something useful.

On topic:
    The only app I regularly use is Weatherbug

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  6. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from USA

I have some sort of a Dewalt app on my iPad, but you can get it on a phone. I love it!

7. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

https://www.google.com/work/apps/business/
    I use a lot of googles apps...they were free..maybe 5 bucks a month now??...photo storage which automatically syncs your phone's photos to cloud and pc.. Their app called; keep will allow you to make lists with checkboxes and then share with people who can update the list and it syncs in real time. The other cool feature is it allows you to set an alarm which can be time based or location based such that you and the people you share the list with will be alerted when you get to the location you chose... Gmail, google maps and drive, which allows you to store docs online and syncs them up with phone, tablet PC.
    I also use clip2go for my route sheets, record work as completed while out in field...etc and to allow employees to clock in and out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. VampireCat019

VampireCat019 LawnSite Member

*Clip2Go. Just got it! Thanks!

9. Myk

Myk LawnSite Member

SA - Service Autopilot which is cloud based to all our software.

10. Lawn Service  San Antonio

Lawn Service San Antonio LawnSite Member

I've taken a look at what SAP has to offer and it was a bit too cumbersome. I keep a schedule in Google Sheets but admittedly would like something better.