• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

What is your favorite ZTR?

snake1040

LawnSite Member
Looking to buy a new mower and decide what to get so I thought I would see what the people in the field are using not what the dealer tells me. I would like to know where you mow and what, what the mower is and why you like it.

yardsmith

LawnSite Senior Member
my vote goes to the bobcat 200. You get 61&quot; cut & 25 hp Kohler for $7000. It's similar to eaxmark & scag style, but with engineering improv. over the exmark.<br>Check out other posts for other info.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<p>

yardsmith

LawnSite Senior Member
my vote goes to the bobcat 200. It's owned by Textron. You get 61&quot; cut & 25 hp Kohler for $7000. It's similar to eaxmark & scag style, but with engineering improv. over the exmark.<br>Check out other posts for other info.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
Engineering improv. over the Exmark?! Please. Where? What one aspect is better? <p>If your shopping price, a Toro 62&quot; Z Master 23hp Kohler can be bought for 5800.00<br>

Grassboy

LawnSite Member
Hey Lazer, Is the Toro Zmaster a good mower? I am thinking of buying one. How much would a 48&quot;rider(or the nearest size to it)cost?

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
It's the same as the Exmark w/ a Toro deck & different deck frame. (Uses different gas tanks, too)<p>I didn't think &quot;Toro&quot; had a 48&quot;, I thought they were 44&quot; and 52&quot;.

yardsmith

LawnSite Senior Member
The bad part about the lazer is that the engine has a horiz. shaft, meaning the belts have to go from the engine, down towards the ground, & make a 90* turn to go under the mower & run all the deck pulleys & hydros. That means 2- 90* bends for every revolution of the belt, which means twice as much wear on the belts, & replacing them sooner. It also eats from your HP to do that extra work.<br>The bobcat has vertical shaft & all the pulleys are under the mower, running parallel with each other. More efficient design.<br>Also, lazers did not have oil coolers up until a year ago or so. That is why you were required/&quot;recommended&quot; to run synthetic oil.<br>Lazers have gotten better, But I still favor the bobcat or bunton. (my opinion from demo's).<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

bdemir

LawnSite Senior Member
Smitty i just purchased a used dixie 60&quot; 22hp kohler for $3700. It has an oil and hydro cooler plus a turbo and has two hydro filters and two oil filters for the engine. It is also has the more efficient vertical shaft and I think it is a good mahcine.