1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snake1040, Feb 15, 2000.

1. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

Looking to buy a new mower and decide what to get so I thought I would see what the people in the field are using not what the dealer tells me. I would like to know where you mow and what, what the mower is and why you like it.

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Snake,<br>Look at past posts on this subject.<br>Look at all posts, on just last 10 days.<br>EXMARK!

3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

my vote goes to the bobcat 200. You get 61&quot; cut & 25 hp Kohler for $7000. It's similar to eaxmark & scag style, but with engineering improv. over the exmark.<br>Check out other posts for other info.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<p>

4. yardsmith

from Ohio

my vote goes to the bobcat 200. It's owned by Textron. You get 61&quot; cut & 25 hp Kohler for $7000. It's similar to eaxmark & scag style, but with engineering improv. over the exmark.<br>Check out other posts for other info.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

5. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Engineering improv. over the Exmark?! Please. Where? What one aspect is better? <p>If your shopping price, a Toro 62&quot; Z Master 23hp Kohler can be bought for 5800.00<br>

6. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

Hey Lazer, Is the Toro Zmaster a good mower? I am thinking of buying one. How much would a 48&quot;rider(or the nearest size to it)cost?

7. Lazer

It's the same as the Exmark w/ a Toro deck & different deck frame. (Uses different gas tanks, too)<p>I didn't think &quot;Toro&quot; had a 48&quot;, I thought they were 44&quot; and 52&quot;.

8. yardsmith

from Ohio

The bad part about the lazer is that the engine has a horiz. shaft, meaning the belts have to go from the engine, down towards the ground, & make a 90* turn to go under the mower & run all the deck pulleys & hydros. That means 2- 90* bends for every revolution of the belt, which means twice as much wear on the belts, & replacing them sooner. It also eats from your HP to do that extra work.<br>The bobcat has vertical shaft & all the pulleys are under the mower, running parallel with each other. More efficient design.<br>Also, lazers did not have oil coolers up until a year ago or so. That is why you were required/&quot;recommended&quot; to run synthetic oil.<br>Lazers have gotten better, But I still favor the bobcat or bunton. (my opinion from demo's).<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

9. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Smitty i just purchased a used dixie 60&quot; 22hp kohler for $3700. It has an oil and hydro cooler plus a turbo and has two hydro filters and two oil filters for the engine. It is also has the more efficient vertical shaft and I think it is a good mahcine.

10. Lazer

Lazers still don't have Hydro oil coolers and you HAVE to run Mobil 1 oil.