Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Rain days.. I'm mowing. Only have 1-2 days a weeks to get clients in. just take my time (bagging)and not fitting in extras.

Today was a rain day. I originally had garden and slice seeding work booked, those people know its weather dependent on that type of work.

So instead of fighting mother nature.. I spray soil surfactants on rain days and have mother nature work for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

This one lady has no foresight about the weather and totally dismisses everything i say. It's very frustrating. If I show up early and tell her that it's going to rain, she'll look at the sun, and say "really?". It doesn't matter how many times I am right (100%), but she will keep questioning me. On the flip side, if I am cutting when it's dark and cloudy, she'll say "it's raining, you better stop". Well, it's not raining, and I would finish quicker if she went inside. Now, after it's flooded, and i see that the next 4 days are sunny and zero percent chance of rain, I'll tell her that i'll cut thursday. She says "well, it's too wet, you better not". Lady!, It's wet now, but not after 3 days of the sun doing it's job. It's hard not to argue, but sure enough, thursday rolls around, the sun is shining, and dummy calls at 2 oclock wanting her yard cut. "but...you said it was too wet, and told me to do it next week, remember?" Right before a storm hit, i managed to cut her front. I told her that i'd clean up and cut the back on wednesday. She pulled her antics again, and said there's no way that I could work. I waited until she left, and I cleaned that yard up. She finally said it "you were right, it looks good"
Bye Bye Customer
Posted via Mobile Device

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.