Lawn Care Forum banner

What is your WHY?

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  lawnkingforever 
#1 ·
Why do you go thru the craziness that is being a entrepreneur? What makes you get up everyday more than the money

Mine is my family and 10 fatherless boys we mentor and help I want to give them a amazing life...
Posted via Mobile Device

#2 · (Edited)
Because THEY laid it out this way and so I can either do things a certain way or I can end up homeless and eventually institutionalized?
Because it's against the law to live the way the Brown family does in Alaska, even thou many get away with it, it's still illegal.
Because I'm ALWAYS on someone's land, no matter where I go, every last inch of real estate in America is owned by some ONE or some entity, be it a business or government organization, there is no free land for me to set up stake and move to and... Even if I do I still have to meet some requirements or there exist all sorts of regulations and provisions via which they can shut me down and set me right back out.

Just not having running water can be a serious violation.
So, I need water?

Guess what that means?
Yes, it's a felony to distill grain liquor, even if it's for my own personal use.

Do you think I do this purely out of choice?

#3 ·
I think being an entrepreneur was forced on me, maybe. My history of getting along with groups in the workplace is horrible. I had to work alone, and this was a fast way to get some money and establish myself. I have other interests, but i like the challenge of tweeking this little by little to get what i want out of it. I do get a little satisfaction when someone sees me working in my yard, and they don't know that i own the house. They ask how much I charge, etc. I run inside to get a card, and they are shocked. "Well, this is your house?!" "What family members do you live with?" My answer ""I own this house and I live alone"" I also get some satisfaction from customers who dropped me and told me this was a bad choice for a business, or some smarty pants who smirks at me and says "you're still doing this?" I like to get a customer next to them and let them watch me grow year after year. They retire and are struggling now, and I'm passing them up. I'm not sure if these types of things are healthy motivations, but they do get me going. If someone makes an assumption about me, I want to rub in their face.

#4 ·
I think being an entrepreneur was forced on me, maybe. My history of getting along with groups in the workplace is horrible. I had to work alone, and this was a fast way to get some money and establish myself. I have other interests, but i like the challenge of tweeking this little by little to get what i want out of it. I do get a little satisfaction when someone sees me working in my yard, and they don't know that i own the house. They ask how much I charge, etc. I run inside to get a card, and they are shocked. "Well, this is your house?!" "What family members do you live with?" My answer ""I own this house and I live alone"" I also get some satisfaction from customers who dropped me and told me this was a bad choice for a business, or some smarty pants who smirks at me and says "you're still doing this?" I like to get a customer next to them and let them watch me grow year after year. They retire and are struggling now, and I'm passing them up. I'm not sure if these types of things are healthy motivations, but they do get me going. If someone makes an assumption about me, I want to rub in their face.
I'd say those motivations aren't very healthy. I'm no psychologist, though.

#10 ·
I'm not convinced we're entreprenuers since we're really not doing anything new. As for why I do this, I just love the work.
Same for me. Been mowing ever since I was born. Dad would carry me while he push mowed then I would ride on the garden tractor with him now I'm doing it on my own.

My dream has always been to be a landscaper because I love it all. The equipment, the work, being my own boss and the pride in my work. no I'm not where I want to be yet but I'm definitely getting there and doing more landscape type jobs other than mowing
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.