• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

what is???????

MIDSOUTH

LawnSite Senior Member
what is the strongest backpack blower out there-i am going to buy another and i need info on strongest one,currently i have a br400 stihl-i like it but i want more power.what about the new red max-or shindaiwa?

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
What you're looking for is a combination of CFM and MPH. All of these specs are without the tubes installed. They are at the housing since Shindaiwa and Redmax do not advertise "with the blower tubes installed" specs on their web sites. I suspect that the "with the blower tubes installed" specs would change these numbers quite a bit and not necessarily in Shindaiwa's and Redmax's favor which would explain why they don't advertise the numbers.

Here are the specs for a few blowers:

Stihl BR400 180-MPH 624-CFM *

Shindaiwa EB630 201-MPH 613-CFM

Redmax EB7000 204-MPH 730-CFM

Echo PB400E 175-MPH 590-CFM

*The Stihl BR400 does not include a MPH without the tubes installed.

geogunn

LawnSite Gold Member
don't forget to consider ease of operation, ie: handle controls, fast acceleration, and total weight.

GEO

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
John deere has a 250 mhp backpack but it weighs more than the echo. Weight it vary important when you carry that thing for a few hours blowing leaves

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
There is also the Echo PB600 that is even more powerful yet. This is the new version of the 6000, but they moved the throttle control from a handle & trigger on the tube (on the 6000) to a left handed throttle lever on a flexible rod. I prefer the tube/trigger handle myself, and there is a model (equal to PB6000) that has this setup I just purchased another one recently.

dmk395

LawnSite Bronze Member
Let me tell all of you, Husquavrna makes not only nice chainsaws, but the bt155 blower is awesome too