Lawn Care Forum banner

What kind of fuel are you using?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
I mix the grades myself, between 87 and 93, depends on how much I need and the application...
Stihls and Hondas get pure 93.
The truck and everything else either 2:3, 50/50, or 3:2, on occasion maybe 1:2 or 2:1

Reactions: MILLC

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Regularly used 4 strokes(mowers, truck) get regular e10. 2 strokes get premium e0. Rarely used 4 strokes(pressure washer, generator, chipper) get premium e0. Last tank before winter I run premium e0 through the mower.

I can only get e0 in premium, so it's a .80-.90 cent difference over regular so I limit what I run it in.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I mix the grades myself, between 87 and 93, depends on how much I need and the application...
Stihls and Hondas get pure 93.
The truck and everything else either 2:3, 50/50, or 3:2, on occasion maybe 1:2 or 2:1
No Mid-Grade offerings in your location? Seems like a lot of work when you can just get it pre-mixed straight from the pump......

·
Registered
155 Posts
Premium fuel in all gas equipment. Never had an issue with equipment sitting and not starting. Snow blower starts right up come winter time w/o stabilizers etc. same with my generator. I try to start my equipment weekly or every other week during the off season but sometimes it doesn’t happen.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Our handheld 2-stroke equipment only Aspen2. Our other 4-stroke machines pump gas 95 in the season, end of season last tank we fill them with Aspen 4. I'm replacing the 2-stroke machines more and more in battery versions.

Some other bigger machines they run on diesel.

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
OPE:
87 E-free in 4-strokes
91 E-free w/ Saber 80:1 for 2-strokes

Truck:
87 e10

Reactions: MILLC

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Ethanol free in 2 stroke engines. e87 in everything else. There's no winter storage in Florida, most equipment gets used daily year-round.

Reactions: gebada
1 - 20 of 37 Posts