Cutter deck
Bellcranks,
Cutter deck pusharms,
Control pivot,
Brake handle.

use " LITHIUM MP WHITE GREASE 2125" for:
Cutter deck spindle

Question:
1. what exactly is MP WHITE GREASE 2125 (what am I looking for when buying ?)
2.what happens if I use "MP WHITE GREASE 2125" instead of the "CHASSIS GREASE" ( do I have to buy two different types of grease here?)
3. are they making this more complicated than it really is?
anyone with grease knowledge?

See less See more
#2 ·
i just use the lucas "red and tacky" grease.

but then again i'm no mechanic.

#3 ·
Lithium based grease is white and can be found in any automotive store. Walmart carries it as well. It will not hurt if you use lithium based on all of the machine but you will cause premature failure of the spindles by using chassis grease on them. The tube will say lithium grease on it.

#4 ·
lawnmaniac883 said:
Lithium based grease is white and can be found in any automotive store. Walmart carries it as well. It will not hurt if you use lithium based on all of the machine but you will cause premature failure of the spindles by using chassis grease on them. The tube will say lithium grease on it.
Just curious. Why will lithium grease cause premature spindle failure? It is typically used for both chassis and bearing grease on trucks and autos.

#6 ·
marvinlee said:
Just curious. Why will lithium grease cause premature spindle failure? It is typically used for both chassis and bearing grease on trucks and autos.
I believe it would be due to Heat tolerance, white lithium has a higher temperature range than the black grease.

Also, use SYNTHETIC (blend is cheaper but at least get that) for the 9-spline couplers (the two zircs come out either side of the tranny on a gear-drive wb) and for the belt-guide zircs under the deck - Basically, it says to use a synth on any of those that require greasing ONLY every 100 hours, is the best way.

#7 ·
You need to use any type of "high temp." grease usually its automotive wheel bearing grease. :waving:

#8 ·
lawnmaniac883 said:
...It will not hurt if you use lithium based on all of the machine but you will cause premature failure of the spindles by using chassis grease on them..
correct me if i am wrong,
I believe lawnmanic883 is saying you can use lithium grease instead of chassis grease but make sure you don't use chassis grease on the spindles.

is that right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.