1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BIRK'S LAWN WORKS, Jan 25, 2007.

1. BIRK'S LAWN WORKS

BIRK'S LAWN WORKS LawnSite Member
    from florida

This season Im going to be buying a new ztr. Im looking at the exmark 50 triton, wright sentar 52 and toro 48 turboforce. I live in central florida and prefer to mulch. I mow 40 residential an 2 commercial. What do you suggest for the best overall mower. For what reasons?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Scag 48 inch tiger with mulch plate on and mulch blades.

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have a Toro ZTR 52" with turbo force. Cant tell you anything about the other mowers but the Toro is great.

4. MANICURED LAWNS

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

toro turbo force adj baffle to fine tune the discharge pattern can cut tall, wet, short get a set of gator mulching blades and if you really want get a qwikchute ( see sponsors ) or make your own. Make sure you get a mower/deck combination thats not underpowered especially when mulching. I dont know what kind of money you have to throw around but I bought a diesel toro last season with the turbo force deck (60") and cant seem to bog it down no matter what I cut.