What Kind of socks do you wear????

eggy

LawnSite Bronze Member
Really guys I was heading to the house getting ready to go in as everyday for years taking the boots of...and brushing the socks off...when I got to thinking..their has to be something that grass comes off of easier then cotton socks..we wear shorts and hiking boats and get a lot of grass on our socks...Help!!! And I know I win stupid question of the year....Thanks!

mowerman90

LawnSite Bronze Member
ThorLo's are great but a tad on the expensive side. I try to use only acrylic socks. They stay soft wash after wash and they don't seem to hold the grass stains as much as cotton. They also seem cooler.<p>Ed

Evan528

LawnSite Silver Member
I wear the cheapest socks i can find because after wearing them one day there perminitly green! Most of the grass dosnt even come of the socks just by throwing them in the washer....

lawnsurfer

LawnSite Member
I started wearing dark dress socks.It may look a little strange, but it beats going through tons of white socks year end and year out.

yardsmith

LawnSite Senior Member
I get lo-cut white socks. Yes they turn green. So what? I designate 7-8 pr. for work, so that I have some that stay white for out in public, shopping, etc. (off the clock use)<br>As long as I'm working they'll get green at the tops again- that's what they're for. Never had anyone complain yet :)<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
Bad socks that keep falling down in my boots. I have to try some of those high $$ socks. I like grass sticking to them, its a little green reminder to everyone in the house that I am making money.