1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What license?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ba143, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ba143

ba143 LawnSite Member
    from florida

Hey,

So I need to license my lawn service, what license do I need in Tampa, Fl? What insurance do you recommend to be insured and bonded? Just need a little advice in these fields,

Thank-you!:)

2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

You need to get your business tax receipt, this is the new occupation license! for the area(s) you plan to service. I incorporated my business and had to show articles of incorp + My fictitious name paper work + FEIN # but you can also use your SS#. After you show the tax collector all your rat-a-mataz & $30 then they'll give you a business tax receipt. The fun don't stop their then you need to go to code enforcement and take them your snazzy new business tax receipt and the vin # of the truck(s) that you will be using and they will issue you Hang tags for your truck(s) that must be visible at all times while working. As far as insurance i have general liability insurance and i have $1 million coverage (its cheap it less then $50 a month) and you can get this ins through most of your local ins reps. Bonding? I don't know anyone who does lawn service that is bonded???? so i wouldn't worry about it.Hope this helps, if i left out any steps sorry!

3. ba143

ba143 LawnSite Member
    from florida

Thanks a million, you answered concisely!!