What makes you different

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jacob Hancock, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Jacob Hancock

Jacob Hancock LawnSite Member

Wondering what makes you different and a better choice than other lawn care companies out there!

2. homerunking2394

homerunking2394 LawnSite Member

I dont scalp lawns and dont make ruts...always being honest with the customer...always

3. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't sell customers stuff they don't need and don't pressure them. Also showing up on time and making sure every little detail is done right trying to do more than expected. I hope that puts us ahead of at least half of the other guys

Cowboy _FLC_ likes this.
  4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Putting the customer's best interests ahead of your own.

RDALawns and Mitty87 like this.
  5. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

I can and will do more than just lawn care. I have the diversity to do other things. I can legally install septic systems,spray their yards and or their house,build their driveway,haul them dirt rock or other materials, remove trees and other materials.
    I have a large family that's involved in everything from framing houses to banking. And I can sub most every service they offer +10% (my pay) under my LLC

sjessen likes this.
  6. Lawnline

Lawnline LawnSite Member

As a consumer, when a company answers the phone sets them apart for me, at least around here. Drives me nuts when I call a company during business hours and nobody answers. Many won't even give you a call back. If you won't answer your phone for a sales call, how do you think it will be if there is an issue?

wbw, oqueoque and RDALawns like this.
  7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Good points. On the flip side, when a client has been with their service provider for a time they begin to understand each other's habits and show them grace for not immediately taking or returning a phone call. As an example, my clients know I do not carry the phone while working but will call them after returning to the truck.

8. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

I totally agree. I have a office phone # .Also all my cards and invoices listed is my personal cell#. I will answer my phone from 6am to 10pm office# will only be available from 9am to 4pm.

oqueoque, Lawnline and sjessen like this.
  9. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

It gives your clients peace of mind knowing they can reach you and confidence that you will do the contracted work in a timely fashion.

Lawnline and RDALawns like this.
  10. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Jersey

The ability to contact you is very important, as others have mentioned. I am 64 and realized I can not physically do this all the time. So I went the employee route, which is a PITA, and I fill in when others do not show, plus some fertilizing.

So I spend time here doing, repairs,design, bookkeeping, scheduling and answering the phone/sales, etc. I always have the office phone within reach. I get a lot of calls from the internet , and people are surprised when I answer the phone, saying they only have heard answering machines from most other companies. When they call I tell them I can stop over immediately and 80% of the time get the job from that visit, before others can get back to them.

And I won't hurt a fly. Well maybe a fly, but definitely not a bird.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017