1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

What mower blades do you all like?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Pittsburgh Panther, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

I have a CT and used Gator mulching blades the first 15 hrs. I am know trying the X caliber mulching blades from eXmark. The gator blades did a real good job. The only draw back was when I would make 3 point turn there would be grass left on the top of the lawn. This wasn't a problem because I always circle the property at the end anyway. The x caliber blades the verdict is still out.

What do you all think?

2. Roman27

Roman27 LawnSite Member

Pittsburgh Panther:

I know this post is over a year old, but how's it going with the Excaliber blades?

I recently purchased and installed a mulch kit for my Simplicity zero turn. The kit did not include any blades and I'm unhappy with the mulching action so far. I thought about trying Gator blades. But first, I called my dealer. They offered to sell me Exmark mulching blades at cost to see if they worked any better.

What do you think? Should I get the Gator blades or save money and get the Exmark blades at the dealer?

3. dfischer

dfischer LawnSite Member
    from Il

Roman:

I ran Gators single stacked and Deere single's and saw no real difference. I've heard many say gators come into their own on leaves, but...

Doubles did make a difference. If "doubles" isn't clear, do a seach, its well explained in lots of places. Short version: two sets of blades, don't forget to consider pilot hole size needed. On my deere I needed a different shaft hole size for the bottom blade..