• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

What mower did you start with?

brandman25

LawnSite Member
Hey guys my name is Brandon from nc im not new to the site but new to posting but i search for a topic like this and could not find anything.

So i thought it would be pretty cool to see what mowers everybody started out with.

Me i have a 2005 Husqvarna 18.5 hp

John Deere Mann

LawnSite Member
Old pushmower very old stuff that nobody would use!

ProcsLC

LawnSite Member
I started with an ancient beast of a cub cadet rider with a 10 hp (i think) kohler motor and a mtd push mower in the back of a 1985 chevy 1/2 ton with a weed eater brand weed wacker... Upgraded after 3 weeks to a nice used snapper push mower! Those were the days....

sehitchman

LawnSite Bronze Member
3hp 19" wizzard from Montgomery Wards and pulled it around with my bike. Cut grass for people on my paper route for $1 or $1.50 depended on size.

climber338

LawnSite Member
Borrowing my parents 21 inch push mower, got trimmer for xmas, dads old chainsaw. Got all my climbing gear after doing two bigger jobs for a client. Im still using everything because i just started last summer but i plan on getting a 36 inch if i get more than 10 lawns this year. The push mower sips gas and i can run that thing for almost 2 hours. Sometimes i dont even bring a gas can if im only doing one lawn. If your starting out use a 21 inch junker and run with it. See where it take you and when your ready to go bigger then go bigger.