what needs to be done?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by eastern iowa man, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. eastern iowa man

    eastern iowa man LawnSite Member
    Messages: 5

    what do i need to do to get a business name? do i contact the state or how does has everyone done that?
  2. 1cooltreeguy

    1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 630

    Depends if you are going to be a sole proprietor or a corporation or a LLC.? SP - just come up w/ a name and use your social security # - in alot of states it is called a DBA - "Doing Business As". If you want to incorporate you need to Get on the state Secretary of State website and do a name search and print Corporation Resolution Papers right off of website. Once you determine that your name has not been used by anyone else, file you corp. resolution papers, with the fee, call federal DOR and get tax ID # and do the same for state. 2 tax #'s. Good Luck
  3. Rizzo

    Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa
    Messages: 305

    You need to go into the recorders office in Muscatine county and ask to register your business. It costs $7. It does not copyright the name but it is required in Iowa that you register in the county you are doing business in. If you are using a business name try searching the net, phone book and other places first to make sure there is not another of the same name in Iowa.

Share This Page