Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what other jobs do you all do other than lawns? How do you manage to do them both and when do you fit the lawns in? I am currently a kitchen manager as well and cook at night with weekends off but was applying to other jobs than may be more daytime and still wanted to have my lawns. is it appropriate to do them in the evening or would it all be weekend work?

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Im a mechanic from 6 to 2 and do a few lawns in the afternoon. I have seen some Locs do yards in the evening. Daytime is better less time talking to the owners.
How right you are,,,,, ya can really eat up some time when customers come out and want to chit chat about the weather and such....

When getting a contract DONT give a TIME to be there, Jsut a DAY. and inform the customer due to unforseen issues you may stray off a day or two.
List "or tell them" things like weather, Break-downs, this gives them the feeling that your NOT working another job...

Of corse some dont care...

Good Luck

·
Registered
864 Posts
i cook at night myself and do not ever tell them i do something else.
and i love night work wont do breakfast because days belong to my company and that chit chatting thing can be a pain in the azz i hope to not cook sooner or later

·
Registered
85 Posts
Before I got into the lawn biz "full time", I was a long-haul truck driver/owner. Being gone for many days at a time was a little rough on a new family (28 yrs old, married 4 yrs, son 2 yrs old). I sold out in March, bought a bunch of new lawn equipment, and became legit. Now that things are drying up a bit here in KY, I'm beginning to go back to trucking a few days a week, and that is my plan to get through the winter, only more than just a few days a week. My dad owns the truck, is set up with a local coal company to haul their product, I just drive. That's a lot simpler than owning the trucking outfit...it was way worse than being a legit LCO....wayyy more regulation and rules.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I'm a telecomunications Tech, Sunday-Wed 6:30-5:00, leaves me nights during the summer and Thursday-Sat to cut

·
Registered
138 Posts
I work at a local factory from 630am to 4pm m-thur. 630-1030 am on fri. and take care of cemetarys +lawns after hours all week and weekend alot of the times. I have help on some of the cemies....and lawns ..It keeps me busy all summer.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.