What Payroll Service: Paychex, Adp, & Others recommended?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by oqueoque, Mar 11, 2019.

1. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

Right now I am using USA Payroll & at the end of last year, they were charging me around $49 a week for 3 employees checks/taxes, plus another $50 or so for quarterly reports, plus around $200 for 4 W-2's.

Paychex said said they could do it for $25 to $30 a week for 3 employees. Plus no other fees for anything, including quarterly reports. The only addional would be for the W-2's, which they charged one $60 fee + $6 for each employee. This is close to what I paid 10 years ago at USA Payroll.

How is Paychecx? Any other recommendations?

2. dfcam

dfcam LawnSite Member

Have used paychex and ADP...Both Good, and gets you off the hook for mistakes most importantly...both will go low for your business

oqueoque likes this.
  3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have an accountant? Shop Local.. You are local and accountants are a great referral source because they come into contact with residential and commercial clients.

4. JeremyKuhn

JeremyKuhn LawnSite Senior Member

My MIL works for Hartford and I got a quote of $25 for 3 employees and $1 for any additional guys and it includes direct deposit.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  5. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

I contacted a few companies, including my existing one, and now am getting quotes around $30 a week for 4 employees. With no quarterly 941 fees, and one yearly $50 fee for all W-2's + $5 more each if there are more than (4) W-2's, and they are all wanting me to give them the best price, that the other companies gave me, so they can beat that price.

6. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Gold Member

I use ADP and may rates are a lot cheaper than yours. $100 per month and $1 per employee. At the end of the year is (I think) $2 per employee. Never had any issues with them and they make payroll super easy.

When I signed up with ADP (many years ago...sorry if this doesn't work now...) I shopped around and they were quick to match any other rates. I got a similar rate from Intuit, but ADP's service offered more.