What permits do you need in NY to spray Herbicide's??

i don't spray commercially but when i saw this in the local paper it got me thinking....<br>what permits do you need? or do you just need the proof of ins ? and where does one get all of the liquid weed control to spray??<p><br>Notice: Project Sponser: New York Department of Transportation 4 Burnett Blvd Poughkeepsie, NY 12603. Contractor: DeAngelo Brothers, Inc. Contact: Matt Silkowski 100 North Conahan Drive Hazelton, PA 18201 570-459-58OO Ext. 238 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, EST, M-F Herbicide application, by method of spray, for the purpose of weed control, at guardrails and on concrete median strips, on following District 8 roads: Rts 17, 202, 303, 304, 59, 6, 9D, 403, 301, 9, 6N, 121, 312, 311, 164, 292, 52, 9W, 32, 300, 17K, 293, 218, 207, 208, 94, 684, TSP, BMP, CC, HUTCH, & MRP. Theses applications will commence 5/1/00 thru 5/14/00.

John DiMartino

LawnSite Silver Member
Tyler&Ass.-Where is your company located?I live off of Rt208 in Walden,one of the roads that will get treated.In order to spray in Ny,you need an applicators license,commercial,unless your a Farmer,then its private applicators license.In order to spray,you must give adequate notice to the people who own/rent/use the land or any property within 100Ft of the land being treated.That ad was there notice to the public,I wonder if they will come back and pick up all the posting flags they use.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

Top Forums