What should I charge for a leaf removal job of this size

MikeyVedia

LawnSite Member
From my understanding, this would be roughly an $80.00 job for you.

Unfortunately, running employees on the books, insurance, 2 trucks, 2 trailers, equipment, etc.

You're showing up to someone's houses with roughly 200k worth of equipment/trucks + drive time + dump for most people.

So, for that reason we would be $250.00. I understand you want to be fair to the customer, which we always are. But you aren't in business to be a charity.

You can't do charitable work if you don't make money to support yourself and give yourself the ability to donate your time & you can't make money doing charity work.
From my understanding, this would be roughly an $80.00 job for you.

Unfortunately, running employees on the books, insurance, 2 trucks, 2 trailers, equipment, etc.

You're showing up to someone's houses with roughly 200k worth of equipment/trucks + drive time + dump for most people.

So, for that reason we would be $250.00. I understand you want to be fair to the customer, which we always are. But you aren't in business to be a charity.

You can't do charitable work if you don't make money to support yourself and give yourself the ability to donate your time & you can't make money doing charity work.
It would end with me walking away with 90 $
and it would take me an hour and maybe 10 min at most and I may look like a fool to you but I don't consider making 80$ an hour charity work. All in the way you view things. Remember , this is a hypothetical leaf job I'm referring to.

Advance_lawn_care

LawnSite Senior Member
Could get it done for 125 here any time. Thing is the guy that does it may or may not be hooked on meth eyeing what's worth some money in you garage. I'm a business with a reputation, not someone that can disappear if things go south. That has value that I charge for. I'm not looking for average homeowners. I'm looking for those that see the value in my business and my work.

jonniesmooth

LawnSite Senior Member
Williams is right. Someone needs to invent a quick-dump bag that deposits the mower bag contents on a tarp adjacent to the truck. This without the need for leaving the driver's seat.
Pull the tarps onto the truck, (or trailer).
I heard about the "leaf sandwich" plan on this site about 6 years ago.
Charge about $30 per full bag.
They have. It's called " the leaf burrito".

Screenshot_20211118-144629_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20211118-144643_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20211118-144654_Facebook.jpg

Groomer

LawnSite Gold Member
Why do they know how long it took?
Bid the job.
I bid no leaf work-it's all time and material and charged after.

some cleanups are 2+ hrs. some not, pricing varies.

I don't really do side/1 time cleanups anyway, everyone's a regular lawn customer who gets billed at season's end, and they all know and trust me to fairly charge them.

I don't believe any of them have ever timed me. lol

Bfish

LawnSite Member
I don't understand why anyone would rake leaves if they have a blower. But count me as another one at $150 or so. .....

I don't understand why anyone would bag, when they could mulch either.... just saying...

With a backpack blower and a standon mower, I would be in and out in about 20 minutes, $75 would be my target pricing.

LawnGuy35

LawnSite Member

I don't understand why anyone would bag, when they could mulch either.... just saying...

With a backpack blower and a standon mower, I would be in and out in about 20 minutes, $75 would be my target pricing.

Why not double your price and get $150, at the very least? You know they don’t want to do it themselves, and chances are they’d see $150 as a bargain.

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member

I've only used a mower once all week. Why would anyone even mow when the grass isn't growing, lol.

Top Forums