What should I charge for a leaf removal job of this size

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
Every customer does a cost benefit analysis to some degree.

Homeowner Mowing = 1hr
Homeowner raking leaves = 8hrs

Customers would rather pay good money to have their leaves disappear than to spend a day raking.
I saw a guy today in shorts, stocking cap, long sleev shirt, and flip flops with socks on raking his leaves. In a yard with a ton of trees on the property, and many leaves still up. Had 4 or 5 piles he had made.

Felt bad for the dude, not because he was raking, but because he was wearing socks with flip flops.

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
Every customer does a cost benefit analysis to some degree.

Homeowner Mowing = 1hr
Homeowner raking leaves = 8hrs

Customers would rather pay good money to have their leaves disappear than to spend a day raking.
I get a lot of calls on Mondays for leaf jobs, after they try to do them on their own over the weekend and give up.

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
We are up to $50 pmh this year ($45 last year) plus a dump fee for each customer but that's what our market is. Lord I wish I could get $90 pmh like some on here. Maybe I've become comfortable with the fact that I no longer have to market for leaf jobs and we have enough to keep my crew pretty close to full time from November though the first part of February.

Mitty87

LawnSite Gold Member
We are up to $50 pmh this year ($45 last year) plus a dump fee for each customer but that's what our market is. Lord I wish I could get $90 pmh like some on here. Maybe I've become comfortable with the fact that I no longer have to market for leaf jobs and we have enough to keep my crew pretty close to full time from November though the first part of February.
good to see honesty, with everyone raising rates sometimes I'm embarrassed I still had services at 55 per man hour up until now. Feels like I've been left behind sometimes. As others have said as well I don't mind just doing an honest days work and making a modest profit. Though I do need to start thinking about the future of this industry with how hard it is getting to have good labour, that maybe it's time to start padding the piglet bank a bit.

GRANTSKI

LawnSite Silver Member
I don't understand why anyone would bag, when they could mulch either.... just saying...

With a backpack blower and a standon mower, I would be in and out in about 20 minutes, $75 would be my target pricing.
$450 for 4.5 hrs (front not pictured) . Mulching the leaves woulda only took 45 minutes. The customers prefer a clean lawn so that’s what we give them.
good to see honesty, with everyone raising rates sometimes I'm embarrassed I still had services at 55 per man hour up until now. Feels like I've been left behind sometimes. As others have said as well I don't mind just doing an honest days work and making a modest profit. Though I do need to start thinking about the future of this industry with how hard it is getting to have good labour, that maybe it's time to start padding the piglet bank a bit.
I’ve been adjusting my hourly based on equipment we are using etc. Mow route can make good $ at $50-60hr as long as you aren’t running a $100k setup .
Cleanups require specific equipment so makes that equipment lower ROI unless you charge more per hour. . I got this account done in like an hour or so but I service it weekly through leaf season. . Only reason I can move so fast is my $12k ztr and leaf Bagger. id be crazy to charge $55. I charge about $100 hr. @ 3 visits to the property x4.5 hrs total so $450 I still feel low based on the size of the property.

Attachments

• 3C213E83-3F41-4C3C-BEDE-A6D91EBD14F9.jpeg
    3C213E83-3F41-4C3C-BEDE-A6D91EBD14F9.jpeg
    502 KB · Views: 15

Top Forums