1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by soloscaperman, Mar 24, 2008.

  1. soloscaperman

    soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,054

    I will try and make this short. I bought a trailer and the manager said that you have to have it registered through DMV then you can take it. I got the papers but I am pretty sure I can't register it because I owe my town taxes for my street bike was due in fall 2007, my car which was due early fall, and my truck which was Feb of 2008. Can I register my new trailer at DMV if I owe taxes. I don't have the money to pay for my street bike, truck, and car. Should I have my brother put the trailer in his name??
  2. Raven386

    Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT
    Messages: 2,169

    I dont think they will... they might only not let you register the bike,truck and car again until you pay and the trailer would be fine. I dont know if your name is in their database to not let you register until you pay everything. Only 1 way to find out. :laugh:
  3. DuallyVette

    DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,953

    It probably varies from state to state. Here in NC, when I buy a trailer, I take it home. Then I go to the dmv with the bill of sale. Pay the tax and title fees. They don't care what else that you own and its status. If The city/county taxes haven't been paid by next year, you can't renew THAT vehicle's tag.
  4. timmac

    timmac LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 480

    the best thing to do is probably pay your taxes.
  5. ***CLC***

    ***CLC*** LawnSite Member
    Messages: 26

    Sell the street bike and take the money and pay your bills…Is the bike making you money????
    I think you need to get your priorities straight!!!!
  6. ConstSvcs

    ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 380

    In CT you will be allowed to register your new trailer ...........but not allowed to renew your regs. on the vehicles that have past due property taxes.

    And .............the answer to your other post regarding the type of trailer regs. For the trailer your describing..............reg. as non-commercial. I assume that you do not have commercial vehicle insurance and the trailer has a very light load capacity with no trailer brakes. DMV won't look twice at your rig on the open road.

    Just be careful of your fuel storage containers and how you secure them. That would be a violation with any vehicle.
  7. soloscaperman

    soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,054

    Tried it and they said you have to pay your taxes
  8. Raven386

    Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT
    Messages: 2,169

    that stinks. I thought they would have let you register it, but I guess you owe to much in taxes and your are on the list.

Share This Page