1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

WHAT SIZE ENCLOSED TRAILER for chevy s-10

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by cvlm, Mar 24, 2006.

1. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

Hey guys anyone out there pulling an enclosed trailer with a small truck ie. chevy s-10 going to buy an enclosed this year and not sure what size to get i am currently pulling a 5x8 open if you have any pics of small trucks with enclosed trailer hooked to them please post them this would help tremendously thanks.:usflag:

2. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

my brother in law used to pull a 5 x 8, or 6x8 enclosed with his jimmy no problem.

4. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

You can go as big as 12' tandem though I would think about upgrading trucks next year, Only attempt if you have the 4.3 liter. I'm sporting a 16' open top rail tube steel utilty trailer with no problem on my 96 s10. M make sure you have a brake controller and definitely think about a transmission cooler. If its an auto 4.3 2 wheel drive then it has the max towing capacity for s10's.

5. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

the 6 1/2 X12s pull real nice and are lighter weight. we use them and hold 1 60" laser and 1 44" laser. a little tight but they fit and are easy to maneuver in tight areas. we use all old silverados to pull them and occasionally a minivan 6 cyl pulls fine new around 2,800