What size Tygon fuel lines for Stihl FL80R

frotis

LawnSite Senior Member
What size Tygon fuel line will fit properly on a Stihl FS80R, I want to make sure it fits properly through the fuel tank grommet and also the ID has to fit tight on the Carburetor stems.

OP
frotis

frotis

LawnSite Senior Member
Echo fuel line 90014 is 3mmx5mm. It fits good. I have used 1/8 id x3/16 tygon before.
Posted via Mobile Device

Would you be better off with the 'Echo 90015' 3mm x 6mm line? The Stihl line is 5.7mm, I would think the Echo 5mm would be loose in fuel tank grommets.

Jeff in AL

LawnSite Senior Member
What size Tygon fuel line will fit properly on a Stihl FS80R, I want to make sure it fits properly through the fuel tank grommet and also the ID has to fit tight on the Carburetor stems.

Just throwin this out there...

Stihl fuel line for the FS80 (4137 series) is 3.1mm X 5.7mm and is part number 0000 937 5004 for a 3 foot ish length.

The grommets are part number 0000 989 0516.

If you use the Stihl line and replace both grommets, then you wont have to worry about if it will fit or not, won't have to worry about any leaks and you'll have extra for something else!

twomancrew

LawnSite Senior Member
My fs90 and 110 the lines and gromet are all one molded piece. The older ones aren't this way but can be updated and should be.

OP
frotis

frotis

LawnSite Senior Member
Just throwin this out there...

Stihl fuel line for the FS80 (4137 series) is 3.1mm X 5.7mm and is part number 0000 937 5004 for a 3 foot ish length.

The grommets are part number 0000 989 0516.

If you use the Stihl line and replace both grommets, then you wont have to worry about if it will fit or not, won't have to worry about any leaks and you'll have extra for something else!

Thanks for the part # for a 3 foot length.

Jeff in AL

LawnSite Senior Member
My fs90 and 110 the lines and gromet are all one molded piece. The older ones aren't this way but can be updated and should be.

The early "older ones" 4180 series had a 1 piece fuel line where the tank grommet was made into the fuel line assy. That was changed moons ago to a 3 piece fuel line set up... 1 molded in tank line that attaches to a pressed in connector into the tank. Then a short supply line and a short return line between the connector and carburetor.

The 4137 series or FS80 as the OP has asked about is night and day different as there are 2 completely seperate fuel lines (1 supply and 1 return), and each has a seperate grommet in the tank that each fuel line comes through.

Jeff in AL

LawnSite Senior Member
So Stihl did the opposite with the old 2 cycles? Weird.

Really really...

FS80 Fuel Tank -- 2 fuel lines and 2 grommets.

P1010001.jpg

Top Forums