What software do you use?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Green Grass USA, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Green Grass USA

Green Grass USA LawnSite Member

Ok, been in the business for almost 30 years. Have used a few different software packages to route, invoice, etc. What have you found to be the best for your business? I am now looking at GroundsKeeper. Have used Gopher software and QuickBooks. Anyone have any experience with Groundskeeper they would care to share? Thanks, Joe.

2. OP
    OP
    Green Grass USA

ANYONE??? Have a suggestion at all? Certainly someone mu:hammerhead:st use some software to run their business.......

3. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

Guess it's never been a hot topic here. Lol. I used gopher, switched to service autopilot.

Mabee do a search and see how this topic is beaten into the ground already. Lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. OP
    OP
    Green Grass USA

Pretty expensive.

5. OP
    OP
    Green Grass USA

Not sure how it would be beaten to death, we all need a good program and so many supply just crap. Many promise much but never deliver, like Gopher, 10 years and never an update, just they finally release a new one and it is crap and want to charge me another 400.00 BS

6. inzane

I dont find 100 a month expensive for what it does for my business. Makes it alot easier for sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. inzane

This question is asked often. You'll find alot of info from a search. I used gopher as well. They finally updated? I got tired of creating invoices to email which I don't believe email was integrated in the version I used. Service autopilot a better fit for what I do. I understand that paying monthly is not for everybody.

Posted via Mobile Device

8. inzane

I used grounds keeper in 2004. It seemed like outdated software back then. Not sure about now. I couldn't give any advice on it. Anybody else?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. OP
    OP
    Green Grass USA

Yes, Gopher did just upgrade, I asked them yearly since 2006. However, their update was another $399.00 for basically only an update to be able toto email from within the software. I have just maybe 100 clients yearly, ow and snow. I was not going to pay another 400.00 for that update. I have just looked at GroundsKeeper. You think Service Autopilot is the best? Can I import the last 15 years of all data? Is it mobile? What do you like so much about it? I would pay the 49 a month if it is that great, but I need it to do everything as a stand alone. I plan on doubling business this year and need a strong reliable all-in-one program. They are 80 a month and a setup fee of 97, seem outrageous some, and all the great adons are more.

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

We use SAP and pay them 200 a month and it saves us more than that in time and labor. You get what you pay for.