1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What software do you use???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TotalLawnConcepts, Jan 29, 2005.

1. TotalLawnConcepts

TotalLawnConcepts LawnSite Member

I have a question for everyone. I am trying to get alot of insight on this. My is What Software does everyone use for scheduling and billing? I have seen alot out there like clip ($379) Real Green($2500 basic) gopher ($199) etc.... I have seen price from one end of the spectrum to the other. Last year a ran a manual( the old pencil and paper) schedule which worked just fine, just a lot of work. We are expanding quickly and I know that this year the old manual way will be a nightmare. So if you have so great programs that you use, please let me know. I have been searching every where to try to find something.

THanks

2. kdbetters

kdbetters LawnSite Member

I use Quickbooks Pro and like it very much. There is a program that intergrates with QB called QXpress(which I have not used yet), but it does your scheduling and routing as well. You can get QB for aound $299 or lease it online for $20/month and get QXpress for around $425 or you can lease it for $27/month.

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Contact management---ACT
    Books------------------Quick Books Pro
    Schedule--(just started)

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

This year, I am going to start using Groundskeeper Pro. They send you a free trial CD. I've just started using it a little bit this month to bill a couple of snow removal jobs. Its pretty effective and easy to use once you get the hang of it, and the bills it prints a very professional looking. I have'nt used the scheduling feature much though.

5. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I use Quickbooks Pro and QXpress from Alocet for scheduling and invoicing. It works well for me.

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

QXpress is new to me. Can I find it on the web?

7. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

www.qxpress.com

8. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have Lawn Monkey.
    Has its pros and cons. I will admit, now that I have one year of it behind me, I like it better now than I did when I first got it. Its just not as efficient as I think it could be for $1400.00.

David

9. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

I am using quickbooks for billing and Microsoft Outlook for scheduling and backing my outlook schedule up to a hotmail calendar which can be accessed on line all the time.

10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Click link below......................