1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What State?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Deere, Mar 5, 2001.

1. John Deere

John Deere LawnSite Member

Just curious what state would be one of the better states to live in if you owned a lawn care or landscaping service or even if you don't live there and you have heard it's a good state for this biz.

Criteria:
    1. Weather
    2. Climate
    3. Average household income
    4. Economy
    5. Population

I would like to hear from some of you out there that might live in a state where you can either do lawn care of landscaping year round. I live in Nebraska and we base everything off of 26-28 mowings in season. From December to March we are basically shut down due to the cold and snow.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hawaii.

3. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

im in iowa but was stationed in beaufort sc, tha bases are mowed by a outside contractor (one of us!)One hell of a contract!
    its always warm and i mowed my yard almost year round.MY FATHER IN LAW VIDEA TAPED THW WEATHER ON CHRISTMAS DAY! It was 74 degrees and sunny

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The Top Three:

1.Florida
    2.Texas
    3.Hawaii

Of course this is just my opinion...

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I read an artical in Turf , that a LCO in Las Vegas slows down to cutting every other week in the winter. That sounds pretty good.

6. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

I live in North GA below the mountains and you can forget on needing to cut grass from september till about mid to end of march.
    From what I have heard on here, lower coastal areas or up NORTH where you can do snow removal when you can't mow grass.