What store sells Foam Filter Oil?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Tony Tovar, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Tony Tovar

Tony Tovar LawnSite Member

Hello so I was just wondering what store (for example: Home Depot, Lowes) has Foam Filter Oil that you can buy in person? Because I've been checking all around my area in virtually every store to try and find the special foam filter oil and yeah I can't seem to find it... I'm planning on cleaning the foam filter on my Husqvarna 150bt Leaf Blower because it's got some crud on it after a few hours of use. Worst case I will just order some online but yeah I'm trying to see if a store has it in person. The owner's manual says to use "special foam filter oil" and not regular car motor oil because car oil just leaks to the bottom... anyways thanks for the info.

2. TomH&H

TomH&H LawnSite Member
    Male, from Coopersburg, PA

Check with your Husqvarna dealer, or a dirtbike shop. I always used motor oil on foam filters, but I know it's not the best. K&N air filter conditioning oil might work too. You can get that at Walmart or NAPA/Advance/Auto Zone.

3. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Platinum Member

Look, ya don't need no stinkin' "foam filter oil", what fer ?
    As was mentioned, regular motor oil works great. Just squeeze the excess outta the foam. I wrap it in a rag while squeezin'.
    All ya really gotta do is scrape the crud off the dirty filter and re-install it.
    Not a big deal.

4. Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

Buy the foam filter cleaner. Use that. Then rinse with soap and water. Put dry filter in plastic bag. Add correct oil. Sqeeze off oil in bag. The correct oil is sticky and water resistant. Buy at atv/snowmobile/motorcycle shop. I have been using the same big bottle made by maxxim for 15 years. Use the correct oil.

Tony Tovar likes this.
  5. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Silver Member
    from NWI....

Dawn dish soap, brush or hand...compressed air dry...motor oil and done

6. properlandscaping

properlandscaping LawnSite Member

7. Tony Tovar

Tony Tovar LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for the replies. So apparently it isn't super important what oil you use haha... well before a bunch of people started replying I ended up ordering Uni Foam Filter Oil 16oz for like $13.75... once it runs out most likely I'll just use motor oil lol

properlandscaping likes this.
  8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Foam filter oil is much much stickier than regular oil and I use it on all my engines that require oiled filters.

zlandman and Tony Tovar like this.
  9. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Platinum Member

'Bout the only thing "foam filter oil " sticks to is the money in yer wallet.
    But if it makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

Nredo, Walker56, AlohaMowing and 4 others like this.
  10. Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

When you use exspensive engines it a good idea to use the best foam filter oil. Also helps keep water out of engine. There no argument that wins out on using the wrong oil. But if your engine is worth 15 dollars than ya skip it.

Tony Tovar likes this.