What substance to use?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lowe Mowing, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. Lowe Mowing

    Lowe Mowing LawnSite Member
    Messages: 46

    I had a customer today ask me about controlling her lawn of weeds because her daughter has really bad allergies. I was wondering what the best product is to treat lawns with dandelions and weeds that cause allergy symptons. Also, what is a good way to get rid of crab grass and get some nice full green grass instead?
  2. SodKing

    SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,641

    Here we go.............ARE YOU LICENSED TO APPLY PESTICIDES?
  3. chimmygew

    chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 578

  4. crzymow

    crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa
    Messages: 378

    i was goin to ask the same thing.
  5. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,969


    Here I was hoping this was a dope abuse thread. Talking about Subtance and all.
  6. Macvols

    Macvols LawnSite Member
    Messages: 54

    Find a local dealer and ask them for advice

    Pre-emergent for control of crabgrass
    Broadleaf weed killer for dandilions and clover plus many more

    Make sure you follow all label instructions!!!
    That is all there is to it

    If you are not properly trained and licensed, get it!
    See your local Ag.extension office for details!
    Big fines if you get caught not licensed!

  7. Grandview

    Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI
    Messages: 3,251

    To control crabgrass use Team Pro or Dimension with fertilizer. If you use Team Pro consider applying two applications, one now and another in 7 weeks. Use Triplett or Speedzone to control broadleaf weeds. Apply fertilizer 4-5 times during the summer and fall. Make another application of broadleaf control in October, after a frost or two.
  8. SodKing

    SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,641

    I think what MR. unlicensed Mowe needs to use is a licensed applicator.
  9. DLS1

    DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,619

    Ask her if she has taken her daughter to an allergy doctor. You don't need a license for that. :D
  10. greendave

    greendave LawnSite Member
    Messages: 219

    I see you haven't lost your sense of humor, Ric.

Share This Page