1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

What takes up most of your time that you wish you could get rid of?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mhiggs, Oct 20, 2011.

1. nortonlawncare

nortonlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

My wife
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

hahhaha....takes a lot of time? yes.....wish you could get rid of? well, then you got yourself a problem....

3. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Waiting...

Waiting in traffic, waiting in line at the checkout, waiting to have the oil changed, waiting for people to pay.

4. nolatoolguy

nolatoolguy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Leaf removal, its a pain in the but. Maybe if I had a truck loader vacuem it wouldnt be bad but thats a long way away.

5. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I wish I could get rid of ghost estimates, new guys calling for a bs quote to get your pricing or fert program. Also people that want advise not an actual quote.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BradLewisLawnCare

BradLewisLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am with the guys that say mowing/working. I spend most of my time billing. My brother does the billing/hr/expenses and revenues. I have a worker who does the mechanical work. I bill along with the over guys.

BS estimates are a pita. I just try to attract a lot of them and just say it could be from here to here from what you describe. Is that out of your budget. Also, I try to stay away from estimating jobs for people with the same first and last name....

7. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

reloading trimmer line in the trimmer and re-filling gas in everything.