Separate names with a comma.
Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .
Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenerman, Jun 25, 2010.
Lmao! My gf uses that line all the time.
People hiring me under false pretenses, knowing full and well and right from jump street that they're going to get over on me.
Elderly people (women) that you go above and beyond for, and give them a break on price, and they still stiff you for the bill. I had this happen twice this year, and from now on I'm going to keep reminding myself that crooks exist in all age groups.
Here's my list in no particular order:
1) Trimming Bougainvillea of any size. Those Thorns always find a way to get me, no matter how careful I try to be.
2) Almost making a Hershey's Swirl (in your pants) when trimming the "Sweet" Viburnum and that Black Racer Snake jumps out of the shrub unexpectedly towards you!
3) Prospects lying to me over the phone, describing their "Postage Stamp" size property when it's no where near that size.
4) Trying to be nice and "do a little extra" or being lazy and "cutting a little closer" (with the mower) and breaking or hitting something that you later have to spend extra time/money to fix.
5) Breaking fence boards or Gates that are poorly maintained that they drag or have to lift when openining or even latches/hinges not working right.
6) Seeing any Obama sign or bumper sticker at this time after his re-election.
7) Getting that phone call from your client, telling you, that you or your worker, forgot to shut the gate and their dog got out and was hit by a car (almost - whew!)
Elderly, give them a break on price miss a week of payment cuz they wern't home and mow next week show her the bill from the week before and refuse to pay it because they did'nt see you mow.
I hate having to stop because parents won't make their kids pick up their stuff out of the yard.
Baseballs, bats, lacrosse sticks and those little scooters with the two little wheels that can hide in four inches of grass. What those little devils are doing with them in the yard I don't know.
A long term customer that gets a fenced in backyard and the gate is too small to get my 60 inch mower thru and I have to carry and unload a mower for it all day.
Customers that don't have a clue but think they know it all about lawn care.
A weather man that gets paid for being wrong most of the time.
I didn't go through every post but, my gripes would be #1 ground hornets and everything else is a minor inconvenience like trash, broken glass which can cut a tire in the yard and fallen branches along with pine cones and hedge apples, osage orange thorns etc. Rocks that kids leave in the yard along with their toys.
amen on that 1
Stupid 1877karsforkids radio commercial played 4 times per hour on any AM talk radio station. Low branches and when you bring it up to the customer,,,, the darn tree is more important to them than me possibly getting my eyes poked. Nice looking recently divorced neighbor to my customer,,,, and she is laying on her lawn chair looking like she is trying to entice me,,,, and I have morals that conflict with things that tempt me that I am not married to. Dog crap. Perfectionist customers who are never happy. Keeping a sales tax account and not getting to deduct from it for my time, expenses and effort to manage it. Having a part time job besides doing this, an old mower, little spare time or cash or time to find a date or go on a date.