1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

what time do you guys get up in the morning

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rats5656, Nov 19, 2002.

1. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't stay up all night on the computer.
    Crawdad

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm glad I'm not the only "non-morning person"

I never was an early riser. When I wrked grounds crew on a university campus I would go to work at 7am for a couple hours then go to class then back to work in the afternoon. Everyone there said I was like a completly different person in the afternoon. It was like the evil twin :mad: worked in the mornings and I would show up in the afternoon:)

I just don't function well befor 9:30 or so. It drives my wife nuts:dizzy:
    Afew years ago I wortked over nights(10pm-7am) for about 4years. And I've never got back to a normal sleep scedule.

maybe that would help.

For some reason I was up in good time thismorning but can't seem to get going. It's cold and windy outside and here I am at 8:30 on Lawnsite:rolleyes:

3. Superiorlandscaping

Superiorlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Ma

does any one out there get up at the *** crack off dawn to get jobs done that you dont have to worry about noise laws?? - Tim

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

If I have some commercial properties that have access to everything I will sometimes get there at 6:00 to work on the irrigation. Not too often though.

5. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

For me it depends on what the next day holds, I try to get up on odd hours... 7 .. 9..11..1..3... also depends on what time I hit the sack... just not a morning person... my wife help me keep a late night schedule... and not what your thinking....

she starts her cleaning sometimes around 11pm or so:sleeping: :sleeping:

6. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Winter I sleep in till 6:15am But have been known to get up in the summer anywere from 3 am and 5 am just depends on what we have to do and the time we have to do it I don't have a problem getting up I just enjoy getting to work

7. dr grass

dr grass Banned

i generally wake up around 5:30am. i reward myself for getting up all week on time by sleeping in on sunday. ill be lucky to make it to 8:00 am though!

shep :sleeping:

8. bilbo7021

bilbo7021 LawnSite Member

Considering I've got all residentials, I can't start till around 9AM. So I get to sleep in till around 7:30 or 8 sometimes. My usual plan for the morning......the three "S's", then breakfast (I'm crap all day if I miss it), then check the schedule to see where I'm supposed to be that day, check the weather (sometimes while eating breakfast), and get out the door.

Then I try to be home by 3PM, only cause I gotta relax, eat some kind of lunch, and shower, then get dressed for my waiter job at night (4-10), then home, unwind, and bed by 11.

I can't wait till the waiter job is put aside and I can work all day with the lawn stuff. But that's at least another year or so away yet.

9. Superiorlandscaping

Superiorlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Ma

yea working two jobs absolutely sucks when your in the landscaping business. For a while, i couldnt handle to long though, I would work mon-fri 3:45am-3:45pm, and 5:45am to 3:45pm on sat. Then at nght ro 4:15-11 i was the manager at a Olympia Sports. For a week or two i loved it. My family thought i was crazy, my fiance thought i was crazy, and they were right. I did it for a little over a month. The money was really good but i had to make priorities. My fiance and family come first, then money. But yeah, props to anyone you handles two jobs. 80 or more hours a week is not easy and anyone who can budget their time accordingly and accomplish that is amazing. I sure as hell couldnt keep that up.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

#1 5AM #2 Lots of Money And the sounds Of the Lazer EPS's warming Up.
    John