Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Then move to a different area and have a smaller house payment so you can enjoy life instead of working life away. If you have children I promise they would rather have a different cheaper house and mom and dad home to spend more time with.
I agree,we all choose our destinies in this world and certain priorities take precedence over others.
Unfortunately it is not an option for some of us...I would love to live somewhere down south where there is no snow and a beautiful house is 300k but unfortunately that is a starter house here. Would it be fair to the children to move them halfway across the country and they would never see their grandparents, aunts, uncles cousins? Dont be so quick to judge. there are a lot more factors than what is on the surface. Working 70-80 hours a week so I can sit at home all winter..other than plowing and I see my daughter every night and on sundays(i rarely work sundays) Hopefully in another 10 years I wont have to work much at all but I am not going to turn away work in a recession during our busiest time of the year so I can sit at home and post on lawnsite. We will slow down, usually in August and we can work 40-50 hours like normal people...then september will pick back up but daylight gets less and less.

Already posted on this thread on page 3 but here it is again. We are in the northeast. That being said, we have to make our money while the sun is shining. What I mean is we basically have 9 months to make all of our monies. Yes it would be nice if it snows but that is purly a bonus and can't be counted on. 300, 000 buys you a fixer upper here on cape cod. So yes we will work this time of year any day that there is a dollar to put in the bank. If you don't have to or don't want to that is good for you however no one should pass judgement on any one else. P.s.
I wouldn't want to live anywhere else at this stage of my life. I am blessed to live in one of the most beutiful areas in the U.S.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unfortunately it is not an option for some of us...I would love to live somewhere down south where there is no snow and a beautiful house is 300k but unfortunately that is a starter house here. Would it be fair to the children to move them halfway across the country and they would never see their grandparents, aunts, uncles cousins? Dont be so quick to judge. there are a lot more factors than what is on the surface. Working 70-80 hours a week so I can sit at home all winter..other than plowing and I see my daughter every night and on sundays(i rarely work sundays) Hopefully in another 10 years I wont have to work much at all but I am not going to turn away work in a recession during our busiest time of the year so I can sit at home and post on lawnsite. We will slow down, usually in August and we can work 40-50 hours like normal people...then september will pick back up but daylight gets less and less.
Who's judging? Don't get bent we make our own decisions in life as to what is more important. In 10 years your child will be getting grown. All I'm saying is Enjoy them while there young they grow up fast and leave home.

I only work weekends if I get rained out a couple days during the week and for the last 8 weeks here in Bama rain has not be an issue at all rain has be nonexistent.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.