What time of day should I start a 4.5 hour watering program - avoiding fungus

OP
C

clydesdale

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't expect to turn this lawn into 100% KBG. But, I would like to slowly increase the percentage. I have never really tried overseeding. There really are no bare spots. The red thread is looking much better already. But, I would like to increase the KBG percentage.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
I don't expect to turn this lawn into 100% KBG. But, I would like to slowly increase the percentage. I have never really tried overseeding. There really are no bare spots. The red thread is looking much better already. But, I would like to increase the KBG percentage.
I forget, how large of an area is your turf? All irrigated?

OP
C

clydesdale

LawnSite Senior Member
Maybe an acre. I will snap a picture from the second floor. It is looking better and I bought this house used and did not plant the Lesco Metro seed everywhere. But, I certainly do have red thread this year and want to convert to Lesco athletic mix or something like it with a much higher KBG percentage where the lawn gets plenty of sun. Thanks.

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Maybe an acre. I will snap a picture from the second floor. It is looking better and I bought this house used and did not plant the Lesco Metro seed everywhere. But, I certainly do have red thread this year and want to convert to Lesco athletic mix or something like it with a much higher KBG percentage where the lawn gets plenty of sun. Thanks.

I ask how large, because I am in a very similar position to you and have the same goals at my house. I have roughly 1.5 acres irrigated. I've been focusing on about 10k sqft sections each fall overseeding to add high quality kgb cultivars.

Top Forums