1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

What time of morning to start?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by prizeprop, Mar 2, 2004.

1. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious -- what time do others start in the morning? Any problems with complaints about noisy equipment?etc.

We leave the yard at 7am and are usually cutting by 7:05am or so mon thru fri. ,sat 8am. only had one complaint from neighbor of our customer in many years.

2. MN Wildwood

MN Wildwood LawnSite Member

We usually leave at 8:00, mowing around 8:10. Everyone comes in around 7:45 checks their equipment, gets schedules, & loads. Often times there is a lot of dew on the ground, which is the reason for starting a little later.

3. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

My guys leave the shop at 7 and are mowing shorlty after depending upon travel time.

4. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

We leave at 8am and are usually mowing by shorty after that.

5. trimmerhead

trimmerhead LawnSite Member

Usually start right at 7. 8-9 on weekends.

6. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Majority of my clients dont like clippings so to disperse them I have to wait to the grass is dry!

7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I would say usually around 9 am or so...gives customers a little extra time to sleep!

8. 70chevelleSS

70chevelleSS LawnSite Member

I start as eary as possiable.
    most of the time around sun up.

9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

Start at 9 am go to dennys and eat a good breakfast, drink 3 cups of coffee , get to first job by 11 or so , break for lunch at 12 , realize its too nice of a day to work , grab the fishing rod enjoy the sunshine . And then.................................the alarm goes off at 6 30 am , and the dream is over.

10. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

We leave shop at 8:am