1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

What to buy?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tbambersvc, Sep 5, 2006.

1. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

I need some advice on what to buy for next season. I have a plowing business and would like to add lawn service to my customers. I don't want to get too big because I already have a steady job. The lawn service would be just a way to make extra money after school hours and then do it full time in the summer. I won't do designs or anything, just cut grass and clean up leaves in the fall.

Now that I laid out my goals, what kind of equipment should I buy? I need to buy a commercial mower, but what are good ones to look at and others to walk away from? I am probably buying a trailer within a week or so and I know I need to buy an edger and blower. Do I need anything else?

Sorry for the long post, but I figured I should be thorough in order to get accurate responses. Thank you in advance.

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Well you could start with what I have STILL FS. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'll sell you both Echos & blower for $500; you'll save an easy $350.

3. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Double post..........

4. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

Can you send me those pics again? PM me if you don't have my e-mail address still.