1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

what to charge an hour??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Grass, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass LawnSite Member
    from MN

I am just wondering what everyone is charging per hour for commercial property Maintenance per man?

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd say what I get, but there's already a 5-6 page thread on why I should be disallowed to mow.

3. Green Grass

from MN

you a lowballer?

4. lsu03

lsu03 LawnSite Senior Member

look for a thread about that topic. big discussion on pricing...

5. Green Grass

from MN

yea i found his post i thought we where high at $70 but i guess i am right in the ball park I bid on a property today and he told me the guy that did the other bid was only 30 and hour I laughed at the guy and told him to have a nice day

6. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I've been putting some bids in on large commercial properties to do lawn/landscape maintenance. I've gotten some insight on the other bids; these guys are around $30/mn. hr. I'm not sure how they do it, but it's killing me!

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

You just keep plugging away until you find the ones that the guys aren't charging that.

8. CALandscapes

We are.

I met with a guy today to discuss us taking over a large commercial site's maintenance (the current company hasn't shown up in over a month).

I gave him a rough bid of $400/month year-round.

He told me the current guy's doing it for $220.

And he wonders why the guy's not showing up?

LOL :laugh:

9. CALandscapes

And I thought I was low @ $400. I only did it because we have other properties in the same business park..

10. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! we cant charge those prices down here in florida...We'd never get work the average down here is $40 to $50 and thats making a good profit