Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a call today from a guy who needs brush hauled away. Said a bunch of small sappling's no bigger than 2" that has already been cut up and pilled. I haven't been out to see it yet and he was already saying that he was trying to figure out a cost and compare it to the price of renting a chipper for the day at a price of $175 per day. I was figuring i would pile it into the back of my truck and bag it when i got home. Any idea on how to charge?

I might end up shying away as i do not have a dumpsite, hauling away brush isn't somethign that i advertised for but got a guy to call me up anyway.

·
Banned
3,063 Posts
got a call today from a guy who needs brush hauled away. Said a bunch of small sapling's no bigger than 2" that has already been cut up and piled. I haven't been out to see it yet and he was already saying that he was trying to figure out a cost and compare it to the price of renting a chipper for the day at a price of $175 per day. I was figuring i would pile it into the back of my truck and bag it when i got home. Any idea on how to charge?

I might end up shying away as i do not have a dump site, hauling away brush isn't something that i advertised for but got a guy to call me up anyway.
Pass. If you don't have a dump site there's no reason to mess with it.

For me, I have a free dump site so I'd toss the pile on the truck or trailer (depending on the amount) and go dump it for $200. When he says "I can rent a chipper for less". Make sure to tell him that the time, fuel and labor are worth more then $25. He'll jump on the idea.

In your case, just let him know you don't have the means to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I've been getting away with free trash pick up. Every thursday a debris truck comes by. I've had large piles in my yard and they always get it. I'd say my biggest pile out front was about 2 truckloads (f150) of limbs, vines, rotten boards, etc. I'm pretty cheap with hauling for my regulars; maybe the price of a cut. These customers are fairly close, and just don't want it in their yard. I get major points for this, and a little change.

·
Banned
5,297 Posts
No, no, no.

Bunch of small saplings no bigger than 2"
Mhm...

First thing first.
When that customer called, you did take down their address, didn't you?

Yes, because you need to drive to the customer's house and take a look at what they
want you to haul away so that you can get an accurate assessment of the situation.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya i took his address, im gonna zip by today and most likely call him and let him know that i will not be able to do it if it looks as bad as it sounds. With the price set (in his mind), no dump spot, and his attitude of knocking my price down for whatever i bid, sounds like a tire kicker. We'll c tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.