1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

what to charge for trimming shrubs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mark lagasse, Oct 25, 2005.

1. mark lagasse

mark lagasse LawnSite Member

What do you guys charge for trimming shrubs only.

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge by the shrub and it depends some might be as little as $10 per shrub and some might go as much as $30 per shrub.

Size and type are determining factor for my final price. Looking at QB I see my average price per shrub has worked out to about $12.50 per shrub. This is an average of all jobs for the season. Also different areas of the country will reflect different prices.

-Geoff

3. mark lagasse

mark lagasse LawnSite Member

Does the per shrub also include cleanup?

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

does for me but the main point here is size and type, we use a large tarp to catch the trimmings so it really doesn't take long. I have one accoubt I trim 48 @ $15 per, this takes about an hour and a half to two hours including clean up for two people, we are required to do this twice a year.

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

gotta keep in mind, people DONT want to do this, theyll cut theyre lawn 5 times before they have to cut hedges etc. Ive charged my most recent few ive done, $265 for one lady, should have been a little more, but i did all bushes around her whole house, took eh, 2.5hrs.

Another i did took almost 3hrs and was $335, but more cleanup work, involved some very prickly pin like bushes and a lot of holly and pines, so just wasnt a happy situation but it looks nice and the people are happy.

I dont like doing trimming but once in a while its ok, hard on the back and alllll manual labor, which i do all of mine myself. Ive charged people $25 though to do 15 minutes worth of work, you could think i should charge more since 15 minutes and a hours worth are similar in my mind, same process.

I charge some people less if theyre good customers or dont have much money, like in cities i know they CANT afford $100 hedge trimmings, so ive done some for just $30 etc just to keep the place looking nice that i cut their lawns weekly anyway.